Pages

Wednesday 5 September 2012

Cadio weekend, Les Mills style!

Friday, 31st August 2012 marked the 55th year of Malaya's independence and the 49th year of Sabah's independence. I celebrated it by spending the entire afternoon at the gym, the other branch as the one I always go to was closed for the public holidays. Since there was no X45 session at Citymall (the other branch), a few of us decided to try out other classes available. We all need to try something different once in a while right. So there we were full throttled cardio.  

12:30 pm - Body Combat
At first there was only two of us joining the class. I've joined this class before so I knew what to expect. My other friend didn't, I think. But she took martial arts in high school before so I think she caught up real quick. Body Combat is one of the many Les Mills programs. This one focuses more on mix martial art movements aerobics style. A lot of kicking and punching. Good for the arms and legs. 

"BODYCOMBAT™ is the empowering cardio workout where you are totally unleashed. This fiercely energetic program is inspired by martial arts and draws from a wide array of disciplines such as karate, boxing, taekwondo, tai chi and muay thai. Supported by driving music and powerful role model instructors, you strike, punch, kick and kata your way through calories to superior cardio fitness. Like all the LES MILLS™ programs, a new BODYCOMBAT™ class is produced every three months with new music and choreography."

Here is the official link to Body Combat <<-----Click here

1:30 pm - Body Attack
Then two other friends joined in on the Merdeka day cardio marathon. This time it was Body Attack, another Les Mills program. Second session, I was still fine. My late breakfast was still enough to carry me till the end of the hour. 

BODYATTACK™ is the sports-inspired cardio workout for building strength and stamina. This high-energy interval training class combines athletic aerobic movements with strength and stabilization exercises. Dynamic instructors and powerful music motivate everyone towards their fitness goals - from the weekend athlete to the hard-core competitor! Like all the LES MILLS™ programs, a new BODYATTACK™ class is released every three months with new music and choreography.

Click here to the official website ------> About Body Attack

2:30 pm - Body Pump
On to the next class. Now its all about weights. errk..I've always been scared to try this one cause this involved barbell works. Before X45, I would go to Citymall and join all the classes (eg. Yoga, Pilates, Dance etc) but never Body Pump. I would sit outside looking into the glass walls of the studio while pumping  my puny muscles on the bicep machine. Yeah I pump my muscle alright..."1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10...ok, I'm done" Hahaha..that was the longest I would go on a weight machine. That was a year ago. Now, that I am doing crossfit in the form of X45, I know now that those machines do very little on overall strength. And I am quite confident that crossfit has made me stronger physically. So I was ready to try out Body Pump. However, by this time I was getting a liiil' bit tired from all the jumping and kicking the past two hours. But what the heck. It's all mind over matter. 

BODYPUMP™, the original LES MILLS™ barbell class, will sculpt, tone and strengthen your entire body, fast!
Great bodies aren't born, they are transformed, using the proven BODYPUMP™ formula: THE REP EFFECT™ a breakthrough in resistance workout training. Focusing on low weight loads and high repetition movements, you'll burn fat, gain strength and quickly produce lean body muscle conditioning.
BODYPUMP™ is one of the world's fastest ways to get in shape as it challenges all of your major muscle groups while you squat, press, lift and curl.
The cutting-edge BODYPUMP™ choreography, and chart-topping music is refreshed every three months, so with your choice of weight and highly-trained instructors you can get the group effect and the results you've been looking for!
BODYPUMP™ is enjoyed by millions of people around the world!

Link here ---> About Body Pump

However, I must admit that all four of us who are cross-fitters had our moments where we got so sore from the repetitive movements. Our weights were nothing compared to what we carried in crossfit but hell the repetitions was what we were not used to. But good experience. 

3:30 pm - Zumba
Last one. It's Zumba time!! Wuhuuu!!! (I'm just being sarcastically hyped up cuz that's what Zumba fanatics do :) I've been to few Zumba classes and I admit it's really fun. Very good cardio workout. But I just don't understand some ladies would go all out with full make-up and matchy-matchy neon colored bandanas, tops, pants, shoes, bands, earrings, hair accessories etc.  Gosh..you're gonna sweat like a pig anyways. Your hair is gonna stick to your face, arms and neck. And that ain't a pretty sight. But, hey, whatever makes you happy. Any workout is better than no workout, right. Like I said, Zumba is very fun. I like it. Just don't get me in all the Zumba merchandising shit. 

Oh, I forgot to mention that Zumba is NOT part of Les Mills ya. Here is a link to find out more about Zumba.

Anywaay, back to my main topic. The last session of our cardio holiday celebration, only two remained standing. Vann (who joined from the 1:30 class) and yours truly. Wow! I cant believe I can actually go on for almost four hours. ALMOST...hhehe because halfway through Zumba, I got sooo tired and mostly hungry. So yeah..it was ALMOST 4 hours of non-stop workout. Wuuw! *fist bump*  Went home feeling happy even though my legs were sore all over. 

So that was what I did for Merdeka day. How did you spend your holidays?

No comments:

Post a Comment